The GUI National Golf Academy is staging a qualifier for the Kellogg's Nutri-Grain Golf Skills Challenge at the Academy on Wednesday 27th August, from 5pm - 9pm. This is based at Carton House.
It's free to enter and you could qualify for the National Final next month at the Academy. Full details of the Skills Challenge are available here.
You can reserve your place by clicking on the Clinics/Rules school link here.
Once you are booked in, just turn up any time from 5pm - 9pm on the day to take part.
Here's How It Works
There are five skill categories:
1. Find The Fairway (no description needed here!). You get 4 attempts and you score for each time you find the fairway.
2. Target Golf. You get 4 attempts to get inside a 10m target. You score for each time you do this. (Distance to target to be confirmed on the day)
3. Pitch It Up. As before, 4 attempts to get inside 6m. (Distance to target to be confirmed on the day)
|Hunter gets up and down at The Island's 8th hole|
4. Up & Down. 4 attempts to pitch a ball on the green and then sink the putt. You score for each time you do this. (Distance to target to be confirmed on the day)
5. Putting. With four different targets you get 4 attempts to get down in two. You score for each time you do this. (Distance to target to be confirmed on the day)
|Putting on Galway Bay's 7th hole|
At the end all your points are added together (and put online) and the top 60 scores go through to a final, in September. No doubt there will be prizes, but this is an opportunity to play five different elements of the game and put yourself under pressure for each one. It may also show you where your weaknesses are... so this is as much about educating yourself as 'winning'.
Good luck... and see you there.
Post a Comment