|The par three 4th has wicked fall-offs everywhere but|
It's not always easy to play the best courses in Ireland - especially when they're links and they're so populated with American links enthusiasts. But, every now and again (year after year in this case), you get an Open Week that makes it possible... and makes the journey to a distant town an essential part of your summer's golf. And when you throw in the €20-€30 green fee, you'd be mad not to pay a visit to Sligo town and the brilliance that is Rosses Point.
Here are the details of their 11-event Open Week (August 1st to August 10th):
- Friday 1st August: Team of 4 any combination men’s and ladies. €120 per team.
- Saturday 2nd August: Fourball Betterball sponsored by Hargadons. €50 per pair.
- Sunday 3rd August: Singles Strokes. €30 per person.
- Monday 4th August: Singles Stableford Men’s or Ladies. €30 per person.
- Tuesday 5th August: Ladies Open Singles Stableford sponsored by Zurich Insurance. €30 per person.
|The brilliant but extremely tough par four 17th. The tee is clearly visible|
above and left of the golf bags by the green.
- Wednesday 6th August: Men’s Singles V Par. €30 per person.
- Thursday 7th August: Scotch Foursomes Men’s or Ladies, sponsored by Quality Meats. €40 per pair.
- Friday 8th August: Open Singles Stableford (until 2pm). €30 per person.
- Friday 8th August: Mixed, starting 2pm. €40 per pair.
- Saturday 9th August: Fourball Betterball, Men’s or Ladies, Soden Cup Sponsored by Gilroy Gannon. €50 per pair.
- Sunday 10th August: Men’s Singles Strokes. €30 per person.
|Teeing off on the 1st hole, the mighty Benbulben looming in the distance.|
If you want to play - and I recommend that you do (€30 is an absolute steal for this course) - here are the details:
Telephone: 071 9177 186
Post a Comment