|The par four 13th at Galgorm Castle - one of the 'Ultimate' holes.|
You'll note as you listen to the commentary that the voiceover claims that these are the most "significant" holes... not necessarily the best. It is an interesting distinction as a list of the 'best' holes would struggle to include Holywood's 17th, Dungannon's 9th or Ballycastle's 3rd (certainly not when the 6th and 7th are much stronger holes).
|Approaching the 6th green at Ballycastle|
Northern Ireland's Golfing ExtrasGolf clubs/holes that would battle it out to be included on my list:
- 1st at Scrabo (par four)... and the 2nd, the 14th and the 17th.
- 2nd at Spa (par three)
- 4th at Clandeboye (Dufferin) (par four)
- 5th at Royal Portrush (Valley) (par four)
- 5th at Bangor (par four)
- 6th at Kilkeel (par five)
- 11th at Co Armagh (par three)
- 13th at Warrenpoint (par four)
- 13th at Gracehill (par four)
- 17th at Lisburn (par four)
- 17th at Moyola Park (par three)
|The glorious 17th at Moyola Park.|
You know what, there are so many great golf holes in Northern Ireland let's just make it two 18s and be done with it.