Either way, the Golfing Union of Ireland are now looking for a CEO who will strengthen the organisation's leadership and direction. This can only be a good thing. And, by employing someone from outside the organisation (I hope), an injection of fresh ideas and attitudes will see the GUI take some important steps forward. Here's the official blurb and job requirements:
The Golfing Union of Ireland (GUI) is one of the largest sports governing bodies in the country, responsible for the administration of men’s amateur golf.
The GUI envisions the game of golf in Ireland being governed by the leading national governing body on the island, one which is recognised domestically and internationally for its leadership, governance and capacity to oversee the game’s continuing development.
The GUI has recently completed a comprehensive strategic review, which highlighted the need for several changes in the governance of the organisation.
The appointment of a CEO, rather than a General Secretary, is seen as an improvement which will strengthen leadership and ensure the successful implementation of the organisation’s strategy.
|The Northern Irish Open is being held at Galgorm Castle, in Ballymena, this |
week. All four provinces fall under the remit of the GUI.
• Lead, inspire and promote men’s amateur golf in Ireland.
• Manage the strategic direction and financial affairs of the organisation, looking after the interests of 423 clubs and 250,000 members to meet agreed financial objectives.
• Manage the implementation of the GUI’s Strategic Plan 2016-2020.
• Motivate and empower professional and voluntary teams, developing performance capability and enhanced business practices in the areas of Championships, Administration, High Performance, Coaching, Club Support and Golf Development.
• Lead the GUI through a process, with the Irish Ladies Golf Union, which will result in the formation of a single governing body for golf on the island of Ireland.
• Lead & direct a highly motivated staff of 10
• Be the Liaison Officer between the Board and the Provincial Councils of the Union
• Standard bearer for the ethics, rules and values of the game reflecting the GUI’s 125 year history, integrity, philosophies and corporate and social responsibilities.
• In conjunction with the board take responsibility for compliance and governance of the organisation.
• Keep the board fully informed on the condition of the organisation and all of the important factors influencing it.
• Identify problems and opportunities and bring those which are appropriate to the board for discussion and deliberation.
• Inform the board about trends, issues, problems and activities.
• Represent the organisation at tournaments, meetings with other golfing bodies and with government bodies, both North and South.
• Degree educated with a minimum of 6 years’ experience working at a senior level.
• Confident, decisive and efficient individual, experienced in organisational change, planning, strategic goal setting and financial management.
• Proven experience in driving negotiations forward to a high level
• Accomplished and motivational leader, with the gravitas to manage teams and maintain and build relationships with other golfing bodies and with government bodies, both North and South.
• Engaging ambassador able to represent the organisation within the golfing community and the wider public arena, including the media.
• Candidate will have a passion for golf and a strong understanding of the rules of golf coupled with a working knowledge of the handicap system.
• Experience working in a volunteer/member led organisation desirable.
• Energetic individual and a self-starter who leads by example.
• Flexible approach to working hours as deemed necessary by this position
If you feel you are a good fit for this position and are interested in applying please contact our recruitment partners Ascension Executive Recruitment – email your CV in the first instance to email@example.com or call 01 4047168
The closing date for GUI CEO applications is Friday 14th August 2015.
Post a Comment