Louise Kiely, of Louise Kiely Casting, in Dublin has been asked to cast an exciting new TV commercial starring Rory McIlroy. It will shoot in early January 2015 but casting for these three roles is next week. It is a fully paid job for the boys chosen.
She is looking for three boys to play the younger versions of Rory:
RORY A - Aged 6-8
RORY B - Aged 10-12
RORY C - Aged 15-16
Now, here's the tricky bit...
“Ideally we are looking for a boy who looks like Rory and plays like Rory," says Louise.
Hmmm, tough one that. But Louise has broken it down to make it (slightly) easier:
1) GOLFERS - exceptionally talented young golfers who look similar but might be willing to dye hair and wear contact lenses if needs be.
2) LOOKALIKES - young boys who look like Rory but might not play golf; Pale skin, Dark hair and brown eyes, but might be exceptional at a different sport.
You might need one of these!
All auditions are by appointment only and will be held as follows:
DUBLIN Thursday 11th December
BELFAST Saturday 13th December
CORK Tuesday 16th December
First, put location of audition that would suit you best in the email subject line. Also include either 'GOLFER' if the applicant plays golf or 'LOOKALIKE'. Thirdly, also include which RORY your child is most suited to )i.e. the age profiles above). So, for example, your Subject line could read: DUBLIN GOLFER RORY A or CORK LOOKALIKE RORY C
You also need to include:
1) Recent clear photo of the child's face.
2) Photo of them playing their sport.
3) Word document with all guardian/ parents contact details (Full name, email address, address, mobile number and please include DOB of the child)
Louise will get respond as soon as possible via email to acknowledge receipt.
If you haven't already got a son handy, pop down to your local club this afternoon and see if you can spot one of the juniors who might qualify.