|Portsalon's 12th green from the left hand side.|
The club celebrates 125 years in 2016.
Golf MonthlyThe current issue of Golf Monthly has a long travel article on Irish golf... where I get to talk about 12 of my favourite courses. Any guesses?
Failte Ireland Tourism Figures
- Visitors from Britain grew by 17%
- Mainland European visitors were up by 21%.
- North American visitors increased by 19%
- Other long haul destinations were up 11%
|The 17th at Druid's Glen... a resort that should see business rise as|
tourism figures grow.
GUI Membership Figures
Irish Golf Club Anniversaries
- Their ‘Ryder Cup’ style event – called the King’s Cup – is an exciting team event which will be played over three days against an American team. Full details are on my previous blog, here.
- St Patrick’s Day at Lough Erne will see night golf (five holes), a fireworks display and a trick shot artist performance… as well as a chance to ‘beat the pro’.
- Ladies 2-day Golf Retreat. There are several dates for this, with the first at the start of April. You’ll combine golf with a lesson from Lynn McCool (Head Pro) and Hazel Kavanagh, then a dinner and then a round of golf on the following day.