|Approach to 18 at the Ballesteros Course at The Heritage.|
... from the producer of the Let's Play Open comes the inaugural Pairs Golf League 2013.
In fact, the Let's Play Golf Open is part of the league, as it's all organised by Concierge Golf, a company founded and run by John Dooley, the former Club Professional at Doonbeg.
There is quite a movement at the moment to entice golfers to participate in an increasing number of Irish golfing challenges. These showcase many of our best golf courses, which can only be a good thing. What's more, the green fee rates and/or packages are nearly always excellent value, too.
Pairs Golf LeagueWhat do you need to know about the league?
Find a willing accomplice (male/female) to make up your golfing partnership and enter the event by paying a one-off entry fee of €50. This then entitles you to enter a series of seven events. You can pick as many or as few as you want to play in:
- Sunday 21st April – Old Head Golf Links, €180 per Team
- Sunday 26th May – Castleknock Golf Club, €75 per Team
- Sunday 30th June – Dromoland Castle, €80 per Team
- Sunday 21st July – The Ballesteros Course at the Heritage, €80 per Team
- Sunday 24th August - The Ballesteros Course at the Heritage, €80 per Team
- Sunday 29th September – Castlemartyr Resort, €72 per Team
- Saturday 5th October - 'Let's Play Open', Doonbeg Lodge, €150 per Team
|Old Head of Kinsale's 2nd hole. A par four around the cliffs' edge.|
And then there's Doonbeg... a Greg Norman designed gem. I'm not belittling the other courses on the list but between Old Head of Kinsale and Doonbeg, you have two courses that are on the Bucket List of many, many golfers.
How do I qualify for the final?
Simple: be one of the top eight teams from across the different events. But remember, just because you win one event does not mean you will automatically qualify, and here's why: